Christ For The Nation’s World Relief program was started by Freda Lindsay to show victims of world disasters and humanitarian crisis the love of Jesus through service. Through our extensive alumni network, Christ For The Nations is able to direct funding to reputable relief agencies world-wide. Because of the hard work of our alumni and the support of our donors, here are some of the recent disasters Christ For The Nations has been able to send aid to:
- New Orleans, LA (2005 Hurricane Katrina)
- Zimbabwe (2008 Cholera Outbreak)
- El Salvador (2009 Massive Mudslide)
- Pakistan (2010 Major Flood)
- Haiti (2010 Earthquake)
- Japan (2011 Earthquake & Tsunami)
- North Carolina (2011 Hurricane Irene)
- New York & New Jersey (2012 Hurricane Sandy)
- Oklahoma (2013 Tornado)
- Hurricane Harvey (2017)
- Hurricane Irma (2017)
- Central Mexico Earthquake (2017)
It is CFN’s sincere desire to make a real difference in times of distress and disaster. The Gospel is much, much more than words. When you and I share in the sorrows of another, we are living the Gospel, and impacting humanity with the love of God.
Additionally, if relief work is to be done right, it should be immediate, strategic, and temporary. CFN’s World Relief program strives to keep these priorities in mind with every disaster we respond to.