The Staff Accountant will assist in the preparation of financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, statement of activities, and other related financial activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and quickbooks software.
- Related experience in the non-profit field desired.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Assists in the maintaining of the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Coordinates with vendors, as needed, to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.