- Part-time – 30 hours per week
The Custodian is a responsible individual who can keep our Commercial Buildings clean and assist with setting up our conference rooms for large presentations and business meetings. The successful candidate will be required to respond to calls for such activities as cleaning up non-toxic spills or Bathroom sink/toilet overflows. The custodian will manage a single group of buildings within the complex and work alongside others.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High degree of professionalism
- 1+ years experience with Custodial work
- Reliable and able to work some weekends
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 pounds
- Ability to be trained on, or have experience with Cleaning machines
- After hours or Weekend work may be required to meet Institute needs for events or conferences.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Adjust and make minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, per specifications.
- Ensure the parking lot and sidewalks are free from litter and debris.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking the electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Perform Guest Apartment Housekeeping and wash linens and sheets for Guest Apartments.
- Clear trash and debris from grounds as necessary.
- Notify managers concerning the need for repairs or issues found during cleaning.
- Perform essential maintenance to the facility or equipment which may involve, but are not limited to, the following activities: semi–reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning duties
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
- Clear trash and debris from grounds as necessary
- The role may support other departments as requested by the executive team.
- The job may require weekend duties as required for events.
- The Custodian is responsible for keeping a running inventory of all cleaning supplies utilized in their assigned areas and submitting purchasing requests when supplies get low.